11.04.2016 Professor Keri Thomas discussing End of… Read more »
08.04.2016 Please read our Spring Newsletter Read more »
03.12.2015 Gold Line - Film highlights the impact… Read more »
Welcome to the GSF Centre.
Gold Standards Framework gives outstanding training to all those providing end of life care to ensure better lives for people and recognised standards of care.
The National Gold Standards Framework (GSF) Centre in End of Life Care is the UK’s leading provider of training in end of life care for generalist frontline staff.
GSF is a systematic, evidence based approach to optimising care for all patients approaching the end of life, delivered by generalist frontline care providers. We run training programmes that help to support all people approaching their last year/s or so of life in any setting.
If you’re looking to improve end of life care in your area or setting and would like to find out more about GSF, click on one of the icons below, the blue toolbar above or contact us email@example.com / Tel: 01743 291891
‘GSF - enabling a gold standard of care for all people nearing the end of life’
What are our Aims? The aims of GSF are to improve the:-
- quality of care for all people nearing the end of life, in line with their preferences.
- coordination and collaboration within and between teams.
- outcomes that matter to people, particularly reducing unwanted crises and hospitalisation, enabling more to live well and die well in the place and manner of their choosing.
‘It’s about helping people to help people better as they approach the end of their lives’
How do we do this? The GSF Centre CIC achieves these aims by providing:-
- training and service improvement programmes tailored to many specific settings
- tools and resources, including Prognostic Indicator Guidance, advance care planning etc
- measures with intrinsic evaluations showing both progress and attainment of standards
- support including coaching, to help embed new ways of working
‘GSF is the bedrock of community palliative care’ Norfolk District Nurse and GSF Lead
What is the impact? GSF has been shown to improve:-
- the quality of care experienced by people, and the confidence and competence of staff
- integrated cross-boundary care coordination, team-working and communication,
- enabling more care in line with peoples’ preferences, to enable more to live well and die well where they choose and to reduce crises, admissions and hospital deaths .
‘Every organisation involved in providing end of life care will be expected to adopt a coordination process such as the GSF’ DH End of Life Care Strategy
The main GSF Training Programmes are related to the 3 main places where people live and die, plus integrated cross boundary care.
Additional GSF Programme Tools support include:
GSF Tools and Support:
If you would like any further details or you cannot find the information you require, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01743 291891