GSF Hospice Support programme
We are pleased to announce that we have now launched the GSF Hospice Support Training Programme. This Quality Improvement training programme aims to improve supportive care for all people as they near the end of their lives. Using a structured approach, centrally coordinated and delivered by the GSF team, this programme will make a real difference to the hospice, and will enable people to live well and die well in the place and in the manner of their choosing.
The benefits and outcomes of the GSF Hospice Support programme will be:
- Better personalised care through identification and assessment of patients’ needs in final year of life
- Improved team work and collaboration with GPs, Hospitals, Care Homes and others
- Proactive, well-coordinated care – pre-empting crises
- Improved Cross Boundary Care and integration into wider local health community
The programme requires one or two nominated leads from the Hospice to:
- Attend the interactive workshops
- Share examples of good practice with others
- Take part in evaluation
- Lead and be responsible for the implementation of the programme in the hospice – to cascade the learning from the workshops to others in the hospice
Please view our GSF Hospice Support Programme flyer which gives further details of the programme content and format.
To express your interest in the programme please complete the Expressions of Interest form.
We know that this work is making a difference to patients, their families and the staff who provide the care. Please join us in being part of this national momentum, we will be very pleased to have you on board and look forward to working with you and supporting you to achieve the very best quality of care – ‘the Gold Standard of Care’.
Updated - 27/11/2015